Friday, May 29, 2009

Heart Walk

For those of you who don't know me, I have spent my entire life living with some kind of heart issue. I have had open heart surgery, a defibrillator implanted in my chest, survived heart failure and am now facing the possibility of valve replacement. Believe it or not, none of the issues have anything to do with each other. I always say I have a little of every ones bad heart genes in the family. For the first time, I participated in the Heart Walk this year. I took all the kids and walked with Miguel and the kids adopted Grandma Jo. It was surprisingly an emotional day for me. I wore my read hat, which represents "heart survivor" along with a shirt I had made listing all of my deceased family members and remaining family who are living with some form of heart disease.

The back of the shirt says....

Grandpa Searl(deceased at 57)
Grandpa Jim (deceased at 42)
Grandpa Bob (deceased at67)
My dad (deceased at 36)
Grandma Bess(deceased at 67)
My brother Bob(deceased at 24)
My sister Kristy
My nephew Johnny
My son Jadon
My son Bryce



The front of my shirt~

JoAnn and I~
The boys and I~

Jace was terrified of all the costumed people....even the Subway sandwich! LOL.

My team, nothing unusual about this, I am used to being nearly 3 times younger than everyone else.....and probably more at risk of dying suddenly than any of them!
Love this one-Monkey and Grandma Jo~


All of us by the river, the day was beautiful!~

They play the song "I will remember you". The red balloons represent "heart survivors" and the white are in memory of loved ones. I could have used a few more white ones...

0 comments: